My family that doesn't know me well learned I was a crier at my surprise engagement party. When Shawn and I showed up I still thought it was a birthday party for my cousin. When I saw my dad there and then Shawn's parents, everything clicked and the waterworks started. I cried through the whole party and in the days following when I thought about the party. ;)
So back to why I brought this up.....
Last night Shawn came home from being over his parents with a present for me. He said it was an Easter present from Travis (his nephew). I thought that was cute and I went to take it out of the grocery bag it was in and this is what I saw.....
I know you are thinking....ooooookay, so what Michelle? It says "Auntie Michelle"!!! And it's real! First of all, I've never been called Auntie before and if I was, it would have been a cute thing from one of my friend's kids not a real Auntie. It made me think of how much I love my Aunts and Uncles and the fact I am one too (or will be in a short time).
I stared at that for a few minutes and cried before I even opened up the gift. Shawn didn't get it and just placated me but that's ok. Inside was a little resin frog statue that says "welcome". But what I'm going to remember most is the packaging.
And to leave you with something funny. My mom came over on saturday to give Bazzill birthday presents. One was a scratching post. One was a stone that I can make the imprint of his paw on. And one was this...
Sponge Bob Kitty Pants!
Poor kitty. We are so sorry! LOL!!!!
Ciao!

1 comment:
Oh Bazzill....poor kitty. Bite her! ;)
TREATS!!! heh. :)
Post a Comment