Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I hate being the new guy

ok, just a whiny post.

I started the 8.9 upgrade project on monday. I'm on loan to IMS in a different building than my actual job. I'll be here until the end of the year at least.
So they were going out to lunch b/c Lisa is going on maternity leave soon.
They sent out an invite in our calendars and I replied yes. Keep in mind, I've known these people for years, just never worked in their dept. 12pm came and they all left for the lunch. They forgot about me. :( I guess I could have followed them to the restaurant and showed up alone but that would have been awkward. I'd have to find where they were sitting and hope that there was room for me.

I'm just bummed. I wore something nice and didn't bring lunch today. I had to go out in the pouring rain for some crappy food.

ok, I'm done complaining....I think. ;)

4 comments:

{Amanda} said...

oh man that is awful!! i can sympathize with that new guy feeling though *hug*

CNS said...

That STINKS! I'm so sorry, I would be hurt too if I were you.

Big hugs

Stephanie said...

Awww...(((hugs)))

I hope this week is so much better than last week.

*mwah*

Anonymous said...

that totally stinks.
hugs