Nothing specifically has happened to me but the people around me keep falling apart...or worse.
I had a great time at SDV. I got a lot done towards my Christmas gifts for the relatives (I'll post pics later). Laughed and ate a lot, slept very little. All in all a good time.
Sunday I hear from my mom that one of her cousin's passed away that day. Pretty young guy (53) but lots of health problems - Diabetes, heart problems, amputated legs, etc. His quality of life was not good recently so he is probably better off.
Yesterday we got a call from Shawn's mom. (she hardly ever calls) She was calling to tell us that Shawn's Dad was coming home from the Cape (he had a multi week job there). The reason he was coming back was that he cut the top of his right index finger off. As I'm listening to the voicemail I'm thinking, "Ok, just a little slice." NO!!! He cut so far down that they had to cut some of his finger bone so that they could make a flap to close up his finger! He is about 1.5 - 2 years away from retirement. Shawn called them back and found out that he was ok right now and will be out of work for at least a month. His stupid ass company asked if he would be able to do "light work". That way they wouldn't have to pay for Worker's Comp. Asshats!!!
So, it's only Tuesday and I really think I'd like to forget about this whole week.
Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
:(
I'm so sorry...hang in there.
-K
Isopropyl Alcohol!!
just trying to get a smile...
;)
oh am that's awful sweetie. . *hug* you can have a do-over b/c i said so ::waves magic wand::
Post a Comment