I know I shouldn't trust them but I did and of course I'm paying for it. Well, we are paying for it. When Shawn's parents said they would pay for the remainder of the honeymoon I thought they meant it. In the scheme of things, what's remaining isn't all that much. We've already paid almost a 3rd of the total with the deposit.
I came home last night and Shawn told me that they called and said it was too much for them and that they could only give us XX amount. A difference of about $700. That's fine but don't tell someone TWO YEARS prior (in front of my whole family) that you are going to pay for our "Honeymoon". No! What you really meant was that you were going to pay TOWARDS our honeymoon.
Ok, so some would say, "Michelle, cut them a little slack. Shawn's dad isn't working now and is only getting disability payments." And I would totally agree with them if not for a few things.
1. They have known about this for 2.5 years. We didn't spring it on them nor did we ask for the $. They announced that they were doing this at our engagement party. 2.5 years is plenty of time to save this amount. We could have if we had know what was going to happen.
2. We saved them over $500 by convincing them to have the rehearsal dinner at their house. They were less than 24 hours away from putting a deposit on the function room. So they already had about $1000 budgeted for that.
3. And this is a good one - The are going on a cruise themselves in April. All 3 of them. Which I don't begrudge them. It's their money they should do what they want with it...just don't promise it to other people and then say, "Nah, changed my mind."
For what they are offering to give us we could have gone on a honeymoon to Cape Cod. LOL!!! Thank god we decided against the Mediteranean cruise. ;)
As I promised - here is the sweatshirt I had made. Really rethinking this b/c I don't want the same name as my MIL. (just kidding)

Ciao!

3 comments:
:( turds. :P
Want me to trip them at the wedding? I'll do it. You know I will.
;)
BUT!
You're going on a cruise!
You're going to have an incredible time!
Fun! Fun! Fun!
(trying really hard to see the bright side for you)
UGH. Sorry Michelle! That really does suck. I hate it when people don't stick to their word. It will work out though, what they give will help at least, and you will have a fantastic time! Try to push all that crappy stuff right out of your head!
I love the sweatshirt by the way! What a great last name as it fits so well on there, unlike mine! ;)
It sucks that they promised you something they didn't deliver. Very disappointing. You're going to have a wonderful time though and will be so happy to be married, that hopefully it won't matter.
I love the sweatshirt. So cute!
Post a Comment