Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dane Cook is Yummy!!!

Tonight/last night we (Shawn, Steve, and I) went to see Dane Cook at the Garden. It was being taped for HBO. The tickets were my birthday present. We were SO excited. Shawn and I had to leaev my cousin Andrea's wedding early just to make it into Boston on time. Thankfully we had the later show so we could make it to both.
He started a little late but it was ok b/c he didn't have an opening comedian. His girlfriend sand the National Anthem to start the show. thought it was a little weird for a comedy shoe but WHATEVER. I bet it was just a way for him to have her be a part of the show.
it started off great. New material - funny stuff. then it started to drag. he took some of his old stuff and made it longer. It wasn't too bad. We were still laughing but sitting in the tiny Garden seats for 2 hours was wearing thin. All of a sudden we realized it was 1am. Thank god we drove in and didn't take the T. That would have been an expensive cab ride home. So the show is over and Dane leaves the stage. So sad! Bye Dane! But wait! He comes back!!! An encore?!?!? At a comedy show? I think he really wants to be a rocker. ;) So he comes back and plays the guitar and sings a song and then leaves again. The show is really over.
The three of us know enough that we can't go right to our cars b/c the traffic in the garage will be unbareable...it's a saturday night, the concert just got out and the bars are closing soon. So we wait about a half an hour and then go to our cars. Well, apparently, that wasn't long enough. Shawn and I waited in our car until 3:15am. Talk about tired!!! We got home about 3:30 and crashed b/c we had to be up around 8 for Easter. UGH!! I'm not 18 any more.


Ciao!

No comments: